Translate

19 August, 2014

The First Days of Break, Pink Floyd, Debauchery and Orgies, Some Tossing of Midgets, Breaking Bad, and the Cunning Fennec Fox

19 August 2014
0920 hrs
(c)  Properfessor


Good Morning, Patient Reader!




            There's a one-armed youth walking down the street . . . well, I guess you gotta hand it to him; to him and his disarming nature, that is.  I don't know what else it is about him . . . i guess you could say that I am stumped.  Can't put my finger on it.  My recollection is all thumbs.  Maybe I'll wrestle it out later.  Single-handedly.


            Well here it is, Tuesday A.M., and I am here at home writing away.  

Yes, summer term has come to an end and it is time for me to take a break.  Pretty great, because goddam if I don’t need one.  I really do.










            Got A’s in both classes this last term; pretty happy about that.  Both science classes, you see- Psych





and Human Sexuality






. . . none of that subjective grading one finds with art classes . . . of course, art classes are all I am taking, for the most part, from now on. 
(c)  Properfessor


            I am taking two photography classes- one centered on documentary photography specifically.

            I am also taking another psych-type class, as well as two Phys. Ed; Ballroom Dance is the first, 





            and Meditation 

the second.  Pretty well-rounded term, ahem, if you ask me, Patient Reader . . . you did ask me . . . right?

            And what is it I plan on doing this next month or so off?  










Well, there are a few original songs I would like to record, while I have the time, and I would also like to finish up that Ballerina movie.  I still need to get the last few shots, but that will all come together.






            Right now I am listening toShine On You Crazy Diamond, Part I by Pink Floyd, off of the Wish You Were Here album released way back in 1975 . . . yes, L’s and G’s; Si, Damas y Caballeros . . . nineteen fucking seventy-five.  39 years ago, one of the greatest bands released this odd tribute album to Syd Barrett, 

and it consists of some of what it arguably the best guitar work ever recorded, courtesy of David Gilmour. 


            In a moment, I will be Welcomed to the Machine, 

invited to Have a Cigar, 


Wished that I was Here, 

and then there will be Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Part II to finish bookending the album.  Ahh.  Messers Pink and Floyd . . . thanks, all.

            Yesterday, I received a 24-hour notice from the Lord of Lands that my apartment will be spot-inspected.  Actually, all of the tenants here received such notification.  So until that happens I have to hang out and make sure that Things Get Done.  I have a bathroom sink that leaks water like a fistula-afflicted resident 

of a non-developed country, if I may be so fucking indelicate.  Yes?  Splendid!

            So I just need to be sure that said leak is taken care of.  Then I can go about my day, going about my day.  Looking forward to that, I must say- to quote Ed Grimley. 



            I am re-watching the meth-soaked series Breaking Bad . . . man, what a great show.  Excellent writing and acting.  Many directors were used throughout the course of the series, and yet they all managed to keep a constant theme running throughout and still add their own creative touches to the pieces.  I am in the middle of season four, the end of which we will see a certain poultry entrepreneur loses face amid his waning empire.  




I am taking a break from that right now, just so I can greet and pass along the needed necessities to you, Patient Reader.

            It has been unseasonably warm here in the PAC NW, Patient Reader, and I am quite ready for it to start cooling down a bit.  In fact, today it is supposed to be a whole four degrees colder than it was yesterday.  Whoo and Pee. 

            My friend Shmanthony has
 had a temporary setback regarding his phone, and I need to get a hold of him on his land line later today . . . Gotta keep in touch with the Dude . . . because as we all know, The Dude Abides . . .





            I have downloaded the
 entire series (so far) Orange Is the New Black, 
so I imagine I’ll be starting to view those sometime during my extended and very much-needed vacay . . . did I mention I am on an extended and much-needed vacay?  Well, Dammit . . . I am. 

            Since the summer solstice
 is long-past, we are losing two minutes of day per day.  I need to get out to the peaks of one of these hills and take pics of the sunset, soon.  Especially before it starts getting cold.  Look for new pics, soon.

            No new rants to speak of, really
 . . . just the same old story; same old song and dance, my friends . . . so I believe I shall let you all get on about your days.  There’s Breaking Bad to which I must attend.  Catch y’all on the flip-side?  Splendid!

Always,




The Cunning Fennec Fox . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment