Translate

10 February, 2014

The REAL Fox Pictures and the Cunning Fennec Fox

10 February 2014
0109 hrs

Yes, Dear and Patient Reader.  It is indeed the middle of the night here, and I am still awake . . .  so much so that I thought I should pen (?) a few words.
            So what have I been up to, you may ask?  Let’s see . . .  I have given an assignment in my Visual Concepts class . . .  a group project, actually.  Of course I had to be the cattle prod to get the others going. 
            We knew about the assignment since 6 January, as it was on the syllabus issued to us on that day.  We were officially assigned the project 6 days ago, Tuesday last, and it was not until Thursday that we even got one another’s email addresses to each other.  I kept prompting the ones whose addresses I did have, and two of them responded with nearly as much enthusiasm as I (there are a total of five in our group; myself and four others . . . all women.  It’s a horrible ordeal, but for the advancement of academics and the betterment of this world, I shall suffer through it . . .).
            The assignment is this:  we are given one of five animal “toys” around which we must make a movie.  Stills, in this case, as we are not yet in the class where motion pictures are required.  It has to be circa three minutes in duration and the animal, in our case a shark, has to be the main character.  In other words, you can’t just make your own movie with the shark on a shelf in the background.
            The duties include, but are not limited to, these:
1)     Write up a treatment. (Done; we needed to turn the treatment in to the Prof by last night at 2355 hrs.  In this way, whoever was first, gets to choose the critter, and each member of the party gets extra credit points.  We won, of courseJ; we chose the shark).
2)      Compose the storyboard; make a shot list for organization.
3)      Take hundreds of pics; it all has to be shot on campus
4)     Edit the shots into a coherent “film;” set it to music (no lyrics, or unintelligible lyrics, like a song in Bulgarian, unless someone in the class speaks Bulgarian)
5)     Make the film playable in QuickTime, submit, and await reward or punishment

I managed to get the treatment written with 60% of the personnel present.  And for
all of my efforts, the group voted, and I am the Director.  Pretty cool, eh?  I will wield my power with a velvet fist; I will be cruel, but I will be fair.  They may call me Director or Chancellor; Caesar or Emperor.  I will get them to address me properly as Lord and Master of All He Surveys.  They will come around.  I quote a General/Emperor from two millennia ago:  “They can hate me, so long as they fear me.”
Caesar knew what was what.  I can be twice the despot as he, with half the effort . . .

Seriously though, we have a really good treatment ready.  I have surrounded myself with people that make me feel good, and who are extremely talented, complementing the others where we may be lacking.  More on the news as it progresses, Patient Reader.
Soon I will fill you all in on Shmineen (remember how I do- all names have been changed to protect the guilty); on Schleslie; on Schanna, and on Schmarian and Schkarren.
So much to tell you, but I have to get ready for school, now.  Long day ahead, as it is for most of you Faithful and Patient Readers.
Shall I bid y’all adieu?  Splendid!
Always I remain,




Your Cunning Fennec Fox


No comments:

Post a Comment