Translate

17 February, 2014

Mas Loca Perras and the Cunning Fennec Fox

17 February 2014
1204 hrs

            Hello, Good People, Dear and Patient Reader, etc.



            CFF, here wishing you all a great Prez Day . . .  try not to do anything too crazy today, as it is a well-known fact that today is a holiday for boozing it up, dropping a little A, and generally causing mischief and a touch of mayhem, just as our Founding Fathers did.
            Well, it’s been quite mad at the college . . .  I think I told you that we have that group project in my film class, and all seems to be going swimmingly (considering the film we’re making is about a shark, I find the pun apropos and quite funny . . .  but this is my website and I am allowed) or as swimmingly as can be expected when only 60% of us are actually doing anything.
            I submitted a couple of photos to our show, but have yet to be informed as to the acceptance status . . .  at least I got the entries in.  You can see them posted here:
 
TWISTED TRIPTYCH by
Properfessor


8JANUARY by
Properfessor

            You know, this is a weird town, this town in which I find myself currently living.  People here tell me, at least the transplanted ones, that they moved here fully intending to just stay for a bit.  Turns out that they are simply stuck here; this micro-metropolis is a vortex of sorts.  I find myself in the same boat, now too poor to pick up and go anyplace else.  And jesus does it rain, here . . .  not the good, warm fat-droplet rains I loved in the South- but the shitty, cold, constant drizzle one finds in Bradbury’s The Long Rain.
            Not only that, but it has snowed twice this winter, something that isn’t supposed to happen, according to the locals.  “This winter has had some odd weather,” they tell me.  They’ve been telling me this on a year-round basis . . .  “It’s not hot enough here to need to build housing with central air.”  Except it gets into the high 90’s, and everyone has to buy the window units.
            Then there are the leaves- they fall in Fall, of course, but no one wants to rake them.  This is the Pac NW, fa chrissakes.  There are a shitload of leaves! 
Of course leaves cover the parts of the sidewalks where the blocks are pushed up from all of the tree roots, so you don’t know where they are until you break a toe or fall down cussing.
            Interestingly, it snows at least once every winter, here.  Yet no one has thought to buy the city a plow.  So the whole city shuts down for a day or two, until we are surrounded by black slush.  Again, it becomes a sidewalk and gutter problem- huge pools of melting snow surrounded by black slush.  This is such a filthy place for being such a pretty place.  Lazy emmeffers.
            So I practiced what I preach the other day; not surrounding myself with people that make me feel bad.
            There was this woman who just came at me only when she needed something.  She believed, otherwise, in 2-text conversations, not responding to emails, and bailing on meeting up with me regarding school and what-not.
            Yet every morning she would text and tell me to have a great day.  Finally, she ran off while we were texting and I was in the middle of telling her about some problems I was having.  I mean, I was really in a shit storm and she just bailed.  So I did what I had to do.  The relationship was making me feel bad, so I wrote her an email and broke it off.  We were not romantically involved; she was just supposed to be a friend, and friends just don’t do that to one another.  Sorta like the phone deal a month or two ago.
            So I have to do some soul-searching and figure out what the hell I am all about that attracts all of these crazy chicks.  What the hell?   Maybe I am too nice- that I don’t beat them or cause drama in their lives, and chaos is the ingredient on which they all thrive.  Well guess what?  I am too fucking old to play games.  This is who I am.  They all either think I really don’t mean it, and then, as it turns out that I AM a genuine person, they tire of the gentleman.
            None of the men I choose to encircle my life are like this.  Yet I am not gay- not that being gay is bad- I was just not born that way.  Yet every woman-friend I have thrives on drama, are on the verge of relapse, or are suicidal.  Jesus Harold Shmitty on a rubber fucking crutch.  I am getting to the point where I should buy them all booze and razor blades.
            So I cut her loose.  It’s a good thing for her as well, as I was obviously not meeting her needs, either.  Yet every single woman tells me, “I don’t do that.  I’m not like other women . . .”  when for fucks sake they sure are.  Aren’t any of you out there NOT bat-shit crazy?


            Except for you, Patient Reader.  I know that all of my female readers out there are perfectly level-headed and sane; confident and strong and believe in people like me.  Too bad you’re all married.

Ana
       This is my friend Ana; the photo was taken by Enki Photography, and was a normal photo of Ana in a yellow summer dress.  The background, frame, and alterations to the photo were done by myself.

       OK, enough of the rants.  I have to write 2 essays for tomorrow, and have some other assignments due as well.  So shall I bid thee arrivederci?  Splendid!

Always,



The Cunning Fennec Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment