Translate

15 September, 2014

Beheadings, Alternate Sources of Energy, Wounded Warriors, Pole Dancers, and the Cunning Fennec Fox

15 September 2014
1215 hrs



Good Day, Patient Reader

Yes, it is time for another installment of, “Let’s see what the crazy fox has to say, today, shall we?”  Well . . . shall we?  Splendid!










What the fuck is it with ISIS or ISIL or IS or the acronym of the day for these cats?  What is with all of the beheadings, fa chrissakes?  How many heads do you have to cut off before you’ve made your point?




How many must I show before I have made mine?  (I know that's what y'all were thinking . . .)



OK, look . . . everyone knows that I am an atheist, but I still think it’s OK to believe whatever you want to believe; whatever it is that moves your heart and satisfies your need for faith.













I know a great many Muslims, and to the last one I find them very kind and generous and quiet and well-spoken.  Not at all like the sweaty terrorists portrayed in Hollywood.  





          They are respectful and funny and want the best for their kids, just like the rest of us.  In fact, I have seen the worst behavior coming from those who claim to be christians.  I wonder what the fuck is up with that?















But this whole, “let’s saw the head of this journalist” shit has GOT to end. 

            And I understand what the west is doing:  we cannot negotiate with not only terrorists, but anyone who is trying to extort us, even when the consequences are so heinous.  There would never be an end to kidnappings and beheadings, let alone the fact that these incidences would increase a thousand fold should we begin to do so.  (Actually, I think the French have been known to pay ransom for some of their citizens but, that’s a different joke).




So let’s go back a while in time:  What if we had spent the trillions of dollars we spent on these two wars on something else . . . something that will pay off in the long run like, oh I don’t know . . . alternate sources of energy?  Say we could get all the electricity we needed to sustain the country through wave energy and solar and wind, and no longer needed oil?  Sure, the Cheneys and Bushes of the world would be sucked up and bitched out, but the world would be a cleaner and nicer place, right?  We would no longer require Iraq’s oil, nor would we need to secure Afghanistan for that pipeline.  No more blood for oil- hey, what a concept!





ISIS et al could have all of their land back, we could leave them all alone so that they have no reason to kill westerners and we would have no reason to send journalists over there in the first fucking place, and the fucking lion could lay down with the lamb and all of that fucking shit.






But no.  We have to continue our dependence on oil, a technology 150 years old, just to keep the oil dynasties an aristocracy.  





          Can you imagine if the technology from the ‘80s remained the status quo for the next 150 years?  What would the world be like if we were running NORAD with Commodores and relaxing with Pong?  I don’t mean nostalgic Pong . . . I mean all-we-have-is-Pong Pong.  What the fuck, then? 











And yet, for some reason, we’re burning oil like there’s an endless supply of it, never mind the fact that we now have to frack for it, which has its own drawbacks like oh, I dunno, making the crust of the earth unstable, for one.  Does that really sound like a good idea to you?






Really?  Really?  Really?





            Fuck all that.  It sounds like a shitty plan to me and to the rest of us who, well, think.  It sounds like a good way to kill the world for our children and their children and so on . . .

But I don’t want to get into that too deeply here today.  I just simply want to underscore the fact that beheading people is also not the way to get things done.  It simply fills westerners with a sort of steely resolve when we are faced with such a distastefulness when we see such complete disregard for human life.

Now y’all know me.  I don’t give two ratzasses about 99.9999999999999999999999% of people.  Most of you can just fuck off and go to Helena Hand-basket for all the fuck all I care.  (Except for you, Patient Reader . . . you know y’all make up the tiny percentage of folks for whom I actually give a damn . . .).



          But look . . . if all of the rest of you simple fucks simply fuck off the planet I share with you, well, I kinda take it personally.  
















          You already make me an unwilling accomplice to murder every time a state-sanctioned execution takes place (more on that some other time), but why do you have to get me involved in a war over a technology we don’t really need in the first place?  Why don’t we all buy Teslas and satisfy our need for speed AND get to watch our kids not get blown up?  Goddammit, but ain’t I a genius!  Yes, I AM the Cunning Fennec Fox, after all.















Thank you, Servicemen and Servicewomen.



But what can I do about it?  When Ricky and Dale have to have their gas-guzzling V-8 or V-10




pickups, my voice carries no weight.  When oil speculators get a barrel of crude above $130 just because they can, AND we will go ahead and pay for that, what can those of us who shake our heads do?  





          When ISIS says “don’t bomb us anymore,” and we go and bomb them, what say have we?  These are our conundra . . . these are the things with which we go to bed and awaken.  These scenarios, made up of our worst nightmares, are now commonplace.

Think about it, and those of you who agree 
with me and are of the praying populace, well, pray. 

One more small beef.  Those of you idiots out 
there who compare pole dancing with ballet need to be chemically castrated.  






          I had just such a discussion the other day.  The whole, “They train (pole dancers) and it takes great skill and athleticism to wrap your cunt around a pole- blah blah fucking blah . . .” and the fact that I was saying that good ballet dancers, not even the crème de la crème that make it to the professional level, begin their training in preschool, fell on deaf ears and dumb brains . . .





        The argument ended when I asked them if 
they would let their four-year old daughters take pole dancing classes . . .  Well, Patient Reader . . . would YOU?

        "When I grow up I wanna be a pole dancer!"  Words every parent wants to hear, right?

            And I leave you awesome intellectual free-
thinkers, humanists, and good people to it. 



Too bad you redneck sister-fuckers are still out their pissing in our gene pool, but what can ya do?



I shall return with yet more rants, Patient Reader and until that time I remain,





The Cunning Fennec Fox . . .

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you! :-)
    Perhaps I wouldn't have used the same words, but they are quite efficient... :-)

    ReplyDelete