Translate

22 April, 2014

Update and the Cunning Fennec Fox

22 April 2014
0809 hrs

Good Morning, Dear and Patient Reader,

Just a quick note to give you my thanks and appreciation for making Fonda’s story some of the most popular posts on CFF, so far.

            Contrary to what you may already think of my magnanimous personality, there was a point in my past . . .  ok, most of my past . . .  almost 30 years’ worth of past, where I was quite the asshole.

Now I know what you’re thinking.  The Cunning Fennec Fox?  An asshole?  No way . . . I just don’t believe this vicious Anti-Fox Propaganda . . . And I thank you, Patient Reader, for your loyalty.  And your tolerance for sarcasm.  I am, after all, multi-sarcasmic.

So in the telling of this story, I find myself reluctant to reveal to you these deep, dark shadows of my long ago soul.  The positive responses from y’all have indicated to me that it is ok to tell of myself so openly. 

I told this story once, to the Saker, and she encouraged me to tell Fonda’s story to anyone who will listen, so here it is in these last few posts.  She said it was a good story, but I don’t know . . .  I choose to tell it because Fonda deserves to be remembered, even if it is in the form of electrons through circuitry; even though I tell it for penance and catharsis. Even if I am the only one who gives a damn.

I figure two more postings ought to conclude the story, this story, as I have lived and relived it so far.

Encourage others to share in her memory; introduce them to the Cunning Fennec Fox and his all-too-few triumphs and his far-too-many shortcomings.  I will publish those last two parts as soon as I am able. 

You all are Great and Dear, Patient Reader.  So shall I post this too-brief message?  


Splendid!


 And always I remain,
The Cunning Fennec Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment