Translate

17 July, 2014

Saviors (not that kind) More Freud, Violence and the Cunning Fennec Fox

17 July 2014
0755 hrs



Good Morning, Patient Reader



            Late start, today.  I left home 
and walked 8 blocks before I realized I had left my wallet at home . . . walked 16 more blocks to get back to where I was when I figured out I was the Absent-Minded Professor.  Hijole, mano!



            Today is my Psych Final . . . I 
hope to be ready for it.  It was a four-week course, truncated because summer term pulls that shit.  It’s ok, though; 4 credits in four weeks tends to work for me, you know?  At least I remembered a No. 2 pencil for the scantron sheet.



  Jebus H. Schmitty . . . I hope this is not a sign of the day to come.  I don’t think it is, because Shmarla will make everything better.  She makes everything better. 



            Speaking of Shmarla, things are 
progressing swimmingly.  I don’t know if this blissful (WTF? The Fox is using the word “blissful” while referring to himself?)




feeling stems from her presence in my 
life or the fact that I switched from a messenger bag to a backpack, 




changed my pillow style, 

Girl Not Included



bought new boots and got really good 
insoles for them all in the attempt to make my back feel better.  What am I saying?  Of course it is her and the positivity she brings into my life.  

Munequita



            It’s weird; she increasingly and 
exponentially becomes more important to me as the world spins on its axis, and I feel Fortune’s frown flee from me.  I consider myself lucky; very few get to feel this way here on this planet.



            So what is a fox to do?  Should 
he just go with it and hope his healing heart is never shattered again?  



            Or should the walls come up 
and encircle her ensorcelling, like leukocytes to a deadly pathogen? 




Shouldn’t I just shut the fuck up 




because this is precisely the situation I 
have been telling you CFFers out there that I seek; have sought all of these long months?



           
            A woman, only slightly crazy, 
whom I can care about in the way I have never done before? 
           


            For those of you who need 
Catching-Up, I have expounded at great length that, through hard work, change, and psyche inventory and pruning, I feel that I am finally able to give a woman what she deserves without sacrificing my own self-esteem and still manage to keep my Will To Live.  I fretted over the fear that, now that I have found this in my own . . . spirit (for lack of a better term . . . animus?)  I had blown all of my chances . . .




            All of the good ones are taken, 
and I am sure that I have said this Not-So-Novel phrase many times in CFF.  It’s true.  




            All of the women who seem 
happy and are intelligent and independent and caring are married, and happily so of course.  Why else would they be those wonderful people that they are?  Shmarla herself was involved with someone when I saw her for the very first time in January.  A cold, rainy morning she strolls in, late as a missed period-scare, and I leaned over and told Shmaren I had a good feeling about that girl. 



            I finally caught up with her 
four months later (we shared classes two terms in a row) outside the library.  I used an egress I never use and there she was, sunning on a bench waiting for class to start. 
           
(c)  Properfessor


            “It’s time right now,” I said, 
uncharacteristically late myself.  So we walked together to the elevator and we had the strangest of First Conversations.  I won’t go into detail, but suffice it to say that it had the general tone of my sadder postings here on CFF.  Two kindred spirits who cheered one another up on a four-flight elevator ride. 

by Spideyphan 2


            Our class participant’s email 
addresses are available online under the class page, and near the end of the class I approached her and asked her permission to email her; today’s equivalent of asking for her number . . .




            And the rest, as they say, is 
history.  OK, there’s a shit-ton more to tell about the story, but I know the (sweet, anyway) stories of my life must make y’all say, “Who the Fuck gives a Fuck?”  Besides, there is another story I wish to tell, and then the Rant du Jour . . .

            I have a lot of respect for my psych prof.  She has an advanced degree and her focus was on Child Development plus a lot of background in research.

           
            Anyway, she told us about a 
dream that she had back in undergrad.  She was attending a christian university which was, in her opinion (and probably was correct in the position), Pretty much a meat market.  The way she phrased it was the women were working on their M-R-S degree.  You know . . . Mrs . . .

            Anyway, she told us of this dream she had.  She was in a supermarket by the meat section (you with me so far?) resplendent in full wedding regalia and wondering What the Fuck, when her Mom and Dad came in wearing Hawaiian-print shirts to tell her that they love her, Honey, but they are off to Hawaii on her important day. 


            She departs the Meat Dept. and 
moves down the aisle to the check-out stands where she runs into the tall, face-less man in the tuxedo. 


            “So class . . . what would Freud 
say about that dream? And remember, nothing will offend me . . .”


            I think my tongue was bleeding 
by that point as I struggled to keep silent. 


            There were the usual safe 
answers from the class, too banal to mention here in this High-Brow blog (for who other than the True Intellectual would be thee, Patient Reader?), so I felt it was my Scholastic Duty to raise my hand and give voice to my opinion . . .


            “Obviously, Freud would say 
that there are some complicated Daddy/Abandonment issues prevalent in the dream,” I began.  “Issues of the Meat Market mentality to which you were exposed in school . . .” I continued.  “And moreover, the faceless man in the tuxedo represents a giant penis.”


            Did you hear that pin drop?  
The class erupted into a strained and uncomfortable titter, while my professor laughed straight from her heart.  “I have never had a student tell me that before!” 


            "Well, you'll be calling him a giant penis in a few years, anyway . . ."
'S what I replied.


            Of course I reminded the class 
that to Freud, anything that was longer than was wide was a penis, the “sometimes a cigar is just a cigar” comment he made notwithstanding.


            A joke:  How many Freudians 
does it take to change a light bulb?  Two; one to change the bulb and the other to hold the penis . . . erm . . . ladder . . .


            I may have shocked the class 
with that particular monologue, but I damn well earned the respect I demand from my classmates and prof.  This is the humility of the Cunning Fennec Fox.




On to the Rant du Jour?  Shall I?  Dare I?  Splendid!



            BBC tells me another Malaysian airliner goes down; this a flight from Amsterdam that fell off the radar and crashed near the Ukraine/Russia border.  I find it highly coincidental that there happens to be an armed conflict happening on the Ukraine/Russia border . . . did somebody shoot this plane down with 295 souls on board?  Korean Airlines all over again?


            Four more charged with hate 
crimes tied to 2011 Mississippi slaying; Mississippi . . . The South, from whence I hail and love with the deep love one feels for their Red Clay.  

            Mississippi . . . unable to shirk their racist stigma after years of (some of the right-minded few) trying.  The land of Faulkner and Thomas Harris and John Grisham . . .  ok, the first two are geniuses . . .

            There are so many racial 
problems in Mississippi, not just because of the obvious ties to the Confederacy, but they have the issue of the Stars and Bars on the state flag that they refuse to remove . . . and the case of the murdered Civil Rights workers in the 1960’s. 



This most recent case is the one 
where a bunch of Sister-Fucking rednecks 



beat a man and ran him over with a pickup truck (what a cliché), all the while hollering “White Power,” when he was too stupid to realize it was really horsepower.  Ah, humanity . . .

            California Bank Robbery Ends in 3 Deaths . . .
“Heat” style!  
Hostages.  
Shootouts.  Good times.  Let them roll on, folks . . .




            I’m not going to bore you all with my usual admonitions . . .  y’all know what to do.  Let’s just get our shit together and fix it. 

Always,



The Cunning Fennec Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment