Translate

06 March, 2014

Monet and Bailee; All Thanks to Alex and the Cunning Fennec Fox

6 March 2014
0717 hrs


Good Morning Patient Reader,
            First of all I want to update you on my friend, Professor --------, the one who recently had open-heart surgery.  She is in another state, the actual kind, visiting family, and recovering quite nicely.  She is even ok’d to come back to teach in spring term, YAY!  I sent her a joke this morning about a bear in a bar.


            A bear walks into a bar and tells the bartender, “I’d like a gin . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  And tonic.”  The bartender says, “Sure thing, but why the big paws?”

Seems like there is more than one Anonymous out there.  I received a comment from one of them just last night and, as promised, I will post it below.  I know that this is not the same anonymous as before, because this one seems to be of the encouraging sort.  Well, judge for yourself . . .

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The REAL Fox Pictures":
Appreciation to my father who shared with me regarding this weblog, this weblog is genuinely awesome.

            So the News on the Home Front:  Well, the film seems to be moving along nicely.  We have most of the shots, and I hope to be in the editing process before the weekend is over.  As I have said before, the Team is functioning together quite well, and I really like working with them all. 

            The work elsewhere keeps piling up, and for the first time in my life I have fallen behind, but I think things will have a way of working themselves out.  Still, headaches are headaches and there’s not much I can do about that.  Unless someone out there can send some morphine sulfate. 

            I told a friend of mine about a plan I have for a film.  I believe I made a vague reference a few posts back.  The film requires the services of a ballerina, and as it turns out I have three possibles lined up.  They have indeed agreed to do it, it just depends on whose schedule is the most free at the time.  Anyway, he (my friend) has been thinking about it for these last few months, unbeknownst to me, and he approached me the other day and said he wants to see it come to its fruition, and offered to take my treatment and draw the storyboard and assist in whatever way he can.  He says it’s my vision, and he is there to see it through.  I am very excited about it, and hope to do the majority of it, if not the entire project, over the spring break.  No, no Mexico for me . . .  No Cancun (those days are over), where I would just drink myself blind and my visit there would simply percolate down to two words:  International Incident.   Yes, it would involve the State Department and may sour relations with the country to our south for generations to come.  Said incident, quite possibly, could involve methaquaalone and tequila which, in the right hands, could be quite a positive experience.  Know anyone with these aforementioned “Right Hands?”  I sure the hell don’t.

            Also, shown below, I have some photos taken by my friend Alex Lewis.  They are of the two lovely ladies Monet Moran and Bailee Pond.  I know Monet quite well, but I have yet to meet Bailee.  Anyway, they began as straightforward color photos, and I was given permission to alter them with my own style and post them here, on my Behance.net account,


 and on my friend Stefan’s 


account.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy them.  

       Alex, Monet, and Bailee were all kind enough to give me their permission to use their likenesses, and I will post their website links here on CFF, as soon as they are made available to me.  These sites are all in various stages of completion, as the masters are still fledgling college students and have yet to put a portfolio of any substance together.

            Monet and another friend, Nicole, have both agreed to model for me and as soon as I have the photos prepared, I will post them here, on Behance, and on feedyourid.

            Shall I place the photos here for your perusal?  Splendid!  Here you go:
 Monet





 

                           Monet

Bailee





          



Bailee Pond (left), and Monet Moran; photography by Alex Lewis; post-production by Properfessor 

There’s a place we can go; lights are low . . . let me show you to my darkroom . . .
-Paul McCartney

            My art class professor has assigned us two assignments together; a collage self-portrait made up entirely of achromatic textures, using no pure black or pure white, but all of the values of grey in between.  As my own visage has been known to shatter mirrors into tiny little shards, I am having a bear of a time getting this project finished.

            The second project is making a multi-paneled Graphic Novel page based on the How-To principle.  Picture the pictographic How-To’s one finds when he or she buys a say, printer, and has the little instruction page where the highly abstract forms, usually vaguely male in appearance, telling he or she how to set it up.  It has to be a How-To of something we actually have done; it has to be achromatic once again, and it may be aided by the use of properly appropriated materials, as long as it is not downright plagiarism.  I chose:  “How to Give a Neurological Examination.”  As I am merely an amateur gynecologist, I don’t really feel I can give a How-To on that topic.  Much as I would like to.  Merely for the shock effect, of course.

            So I suppose I will leave you to it . . .  I have some serious topics about which I am formulating rants, but I am working under a truncated timetable, and I fear I must sign off and get to work on the things upon which my grades are based. 

            Once again, I thank you for your patience, Patient Reader.

Remember to visit Vesper’s blog,
http://chickwithaquill.blogspot.com

Always I remain,






The Cunning Fennec Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment