Translate

12 August, 2014

Robin Williams, Vaginas, Ebola, Perigee Moons, Bronc Breakin', Cocaine, and the Cunning Fennec Fox

11/12 August 2014
0924 hrs

(c)  Properfessor


Good morning, Patient Reader . . .

            Another late start; I had to write a paper this morning, this one on The Vagina Monologues.  If y’all behave, I’ll let you read it . . .





            Well, it’s been pretty hot here in town.  This weekend the worst by far.  It was still, like, 82 degrees at 2200 hrs last night.  Shmarla was hot under the sheet and comforter, and I pulled both aside and blew on her nekkid form.  It’s an awesome sight, that.



            I’ve been checking out the Supermoon these past few nights . . . it’s pretty awesome, though the lenses I have for my camera are insufficient to bring out the best shots.  Nonetheless, I took some pretty good ‘uns and I posted them up on the Behance page.  There’s a link to that here on CFF, if you want to check them out . . .
           
(c)  Properfessor

(c)  Properfessor

(c)  Properfessor


            The term is over this week . . .  woo AND HOO!  Yee AND HAW!  Whoo AND PEE!  








I’m just glad I survived another one.  I am back into the descent of my depression . . .  




I am not sure I ever completely emerged from it.  It may have been and probably was the effects of Shmarla on my psyche.  Her companionship has been invaluable these past coupla months, and it looks like she’s in for the long haul.  She tells me she wants to be mine forever, which is a good sign considering I really do want her there, too.  But you know that I feel that being Superstitious is bad luck, so I will limit my comments to that in case the IS needs a reason to fuck me.





            I have some Pshrink appts. Set up for the end of the month, and I am pretty sure, barring some insane catastrophe, that I can make it until then.  I also have a physiological doc appt set for the end of the month, so things are still on the up –n- up.  Fingers crossed, Patient Reader.

(c)  Properfessor


            Well the Ebola outbreak has just gone balls to the wall, eh?  








I mean, look at the figures: nearly 1000 dead, over 1800 infected . . . pretty serious?  Read on:  Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Gabon, Congo, DRC, South Sudan, and Uganda have all seen Ebola since the ‘70s . . . yet the current outbreak is by far the worst.


12 August 2014
0735 hrs

            Anyway, the most recent count has the Ebola deaths at 1013.  Pretty bad.  Sure, not as bad as AB-resistant TB or Malaria . . . but still pretty bad.  The World Health Organization is calling the current outbreak an “international emergency . . .” with 68 new cases and 29 deaths in just two days this past week.

            Fortunately, the dude in NY tested negative for the disease . . . or so the staff at Mt Sinai says.  Coerced by the government, perhaps?  I’ll leave that up to you conspiracy theorists. I wonder what his current status is.  He’s dropped out of the news-that’s for sure.  Is he still in isolation?  What is it that he actually does have?  Hmm.

            At any rate, here’s the BBC link.


            Robin Williams is dead. 




 Another victim of suicide; another statistic for depression and its effects on us.  Sure, he got kind of weird in the early 2000s- what with his choice of roles in One-Hour Photo and Insomnia . . . and that weird dude he played on Law and Order: SVU, but he was still a comedic giant and an accomplished dramatic actor.  His portrayal of Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting was, in my not-so-humble opinion, his finest work.  I really liked that film, and I marvel that such a piece was written by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck- whom I affectionately refer to as Flat Affect . . . look it up. 




            It’s not so much of a surprise to see Matt Damon was behind it- he’s actually a genius.  Have y’all seen Syriana?  




But Ben?  C’mon . . . and who the fuck decided he should play Jack Ryan?  I mean, Ryan is the only conservative in the U.S. that I have found to be worth a damn.  










            (for you sweet heterosexual Ladies and gay dudes of the CFF Patient Reader variety . . . you're welcome) . . .

Of course, he is a fictional character . . . still, good job, Clancy.

            Anyway, let’s all have a moment of silence for Robin Williams. 



I am old enough to remember the introduction of the character Mork, on Happy Days, with little Opie Cunningham, himself












His show Mork and Mindy



  was indeed a spin-off stemming from that.  Happy Days itself stemmed from a skit seen on the early 70s TV series, Love, American Style 


(along with Barefoot in the Park 

and Wait Until Your Father Gets Home) . . . 

Y’all remember that show?  Certainly the mature Patient Reader does . . .  I guess.

Happy Days itself spawned a list of spin-offs. The list,according to Wikipedia (here's the link): 



Ah, Joanie Cunningham . . .  she got
 pretty cute there toward the end, right?  Course, I was just entering puberty . . .













A lion cub led a park ranger to its mother’s corpse.  Check out the link:


The internet has transformed the business of prostitution.  Surprise.  In a way, it’s like saying christians transformed the business of Christianity . . . I mean.  Come the Fuck On . . . no pun intended . . .



Well, Patient Reader, I wanted to say
 more but my heart just isn’t in it, today.  I’ll loosen up

 and be ready for battle tomorrow.  Meantime, promise that you’ll keep on keeping on . . . alright?  Splendid!

And Always I Remain,




The Cunning Fennec Fox 

No comments:

Post a Comment